Saturday 17 May 2014

Post Production Problems

1) Editing the breakfast scene - should have used a green screen!

Roughly 50 hours later, I had completed cutting out 1 minute 39 seconds worth of footage. Alex eating breakfast. about 5500 frames using the rota tool.

At first I thought how hard can it be. Being the perfectionist that i am, every frame needs to be perfect. I didnt even import it as 25 frames per second, I had filmed with 50 so i was determined to cut 50 frames per second out!!

This was a massive ball ache and huge waste of time. I should have used a green screen in the first place. However, after some feathering, choking and softening the edges, i am fairly pleased with my results. I feared it would look a lot worse. The effect is strong with Alex's mum being sped up in the background, although it still isn't as smooth as I would have hoped.


2) As I was operating the sound myself, i was only able to carry a Rode mic with me. Unfortunately they are not the greatest bits of equipment and tend to pick up a lot of unwanted sound. I researched a way of dealing with this issue and one online tutorial mentioned playing with the settings of the Lowpass  as well as the Denoiser.

This definitely helped the quality of the sound, however, it makes each sound clip start off fuzzy which is quite off putting. I attempted to drown that out with sound effects and turned the volume levels up in various places.

I experienced a major problem also after playing with sound. Premiere Pro was always crashing, forcing me to have to save virtually after every click at some points


No comments:

Post a Comment