Wednesday 14 May 2014

Post Loco video: Further Interest for Work

After the Loco Promotional Video I was asked by the event owner of Flux to film the closing party in Leeds on the 6th June. We have still been arranging to meet up and discuss ideas but for one reason or another we haven't been able to meet.

I have recently seen an urban dance advert for Capital Xtra thats already partly inspired me for the closing party.

https://vimeo.com/80794002

It's a 30 second montage of someone heading into a dark/dingy building with flickering lights and entering a party.


---


Further more to this post, at the end of April I received a panic call from Johnno, who owns Flux events. It's the end of April and he's just called me to tell me he has an interview for a position hes desperate and it's the next day. He has footage from previous flux events and he needs it edited into a 30-50 second showreel with music and interviews. I had to be anal with logos. The promotion job he was after was for the new redbull flavors that have recently come out so I needed to add images of them in. The edit took me about 6-8 hours - longer than i expected, however he did mention that he would 'sort me out'. It wasn't clear how he would, but i hoped he would get the job so that 1. I would see if he stuck to his word and 2. It would make me feel good that i helped, even just a tiny it, to make him stand out from the other candidates with his cool video.

He ended up getting the job, so time will tell whether he will sort me out, hopefully it could lead me to something bigger and better potentially to do with redbull in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment