Thursday 15 May 2014

Day 1 of filming: Tues 6th May

First day of film I had planned (quite ambitiously) to shoot the first 6 scenes.

The first scene was at 11:00 in Bushy at The Royal Connaught Park. Everyone seemed to be running late, so we didn't arrive till after 13:00.

I made sure i had been ticking off my list of props as i was preparing

1. grapes
2. strawberries
3. olives
4. tooth picks
5. martini glasses
6. bowl
7. towels
8. vodka bottles x2
9. swimwear


Once arriving in Bushy... Straight away, bang! problem number 1 and number 2. The jacuzzi doesn't work and i don't have permission. I went to speak with management who told me i had to write to Brian Comerhome, the CEO of Comerhomes who own the huge complex. I was assured that it is likely he will say yes, and the jacuzzi will be fixed by Friday the 9th May. So we regrouped, arranged to meet Lauren back at the complex on Friday, so me Liv and Alex went back to mine for some well deserved lunch.

The day was beautiful so we went to The Hive, the football pitches next to Canons Park station. Again i had my check list of props

1. football
2. picnic basket with food, sandwiches etc
3. grapes
4. strawberries
5. olives
6. martini glasses
7. vodka botles
8. blanket
9. school bag

It was windy but sunny with loads of clouds which made the conditions quite difficult. The sun was hiding behind the clouds every 5 minutes, meaning i kept having to play around with the exposure, therefore making my editing job in post all that more difficult.

Again, I  got warned for not having permission and that I would have to pay £400 if i wanted to use the pitches. (I thought this might be the case, so we played on the side of the pitch which was allowed)

I had asked my mum to stay in the house for the day so we could film the scenes with her shouting at Alex as he was in bed and hopefully have time for her to take him to the station where i could record their conversation... But first, me n Alex wanted to get the bathroom scene out the way. I had an idea that i would reflect the purpley/bluey lighting from the jacuzzi and carry on the color scheme with a purple/blue colored mouth wash (which looked great!)

I had to lend Alex a spare toothbrush (unused and unopened).

Before we got a chance to shoot any scenes with my mum it was getting dark and she wasn't impressed with me!

Alex was working on Wednesday so we were next filming on Thursday and hoping not to need any more days other than Friday. I was already behind on my schedule filming only 3 out of 6 scenes i had planned. I imported the photos onto my harddrive and named the folders to prepare for my edit.

I have the trial version of Premiere Pro CC at home, but i knew that editing on that I wouldn't be able to edit up in Leeds because they have CS6 and once you've edited on CC, it isn't possible to edit on CS6.

No comments:

Post a Comment