Monday 24 March 2014

Volunteering at Hyde Park Picture House

I have been volunteering at the Picture House in Hyde Park Leeds since early 2014. I stand behind the kiosk and serve customers drinks and food. It's unpaid but i'm allowed to watch films for free which gives me an excuse to go to the cinema. I'm lucky as it is just down the road from my uni home, which allows me the privilege of working within the film industry. I am a keen film watcher that is easily influenced in my own film making on  how a story is told through its camerawork. Each cinematographer and director have their own techniques and I feel by watching as many films as possible i can gain new ideas.

My aim for volunteering at the Picture House is to learn another aspect of filmmaking. The aftermath of making a film is a topic i have little experience/knowledge of so by being around a cinema more often i can see how the non production side of things work. The Picture House is one of three independant cinemas in England that still uses an old school film projector, as well as two digital projectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment