Saturday 22 March 2014

Polishing up COP Final video

So overall I was less than satisfied with my final video.

I spent months preparing and organising exactly what i wanted shoot, but when it came to filming i wasn't consistent and i feel that it shows in my final piece. First of all my editing was rushed and that is clear to see because i have put my credits at the front without a title, when in fact i was supposed to my title at the beginning. Second of all, when i placed my credits at the front of the film, i accidentally pushed some of my sound along the time line which effectively unsynced some of the sound. I downloaded some cheering sounds (which took me bloody ages to find some decent audio) online and i didn't decrease the decibels and it made some of the house party look seriously odd. I realised afterwards that on the close up of the shoe being taken off in the taxi, the sound boom was on show. To enhance my lack of organisation during post production, i had forgotten to capture footage from behind a car to replace with my green screen scenes in the taxi. Unfortunately, there wasn't any footage online that i felt was worthy of replacing the green screen with.

A week after i handed it in i went back to the video to complete properly for my own satisfaction and to be able to add it to my portfolio. There was lots that needed to be done to it.

I lowered the sound in some parts where banging noises were too loud such as the door slam close in the second house. I adapted the volume levels to make sure it wasn't such a distraction during the houseparty and allow it to feel more realistic. I added and took out a few clips so that it could run smoothly, for example I cut part of the footage of when the boy and girl were heading upstairs so it would feel more energetic. To enhance the fact that the light was being switched off so the green and red rooms were clear, I added in a light switch sound effect to help the viewer understand that the light was being switched off. I corrected the sound so everything was in sync plus i added some eerie music at the end scene to engage the audience with the fact that the male actor may not as be as safe as we expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment