Thursday 27 March 2014

GoPro Hero2 Tests

When I was shooting the skate scene for Loco promotional video around Hyde Park, we attempted to stick a GoPro Hero2 onto the skateboard. I wrapped it up in sellotape... a couple of times... but it still managed to fall off everytime

I used the widest possible angle with 1080p 30 frames per second. 1080p is only available with 30fps, and i thought if we were doing tricks then possibly going down a notch to 720p and doubling the fps to 60 then i'd get better quality footage of slowing it down. I was actually very happy with the quality, this is the first time i've seen a GoPro in action and could really see the benefits.




After the GoPro fell off a couple of times I packed it up because it was a friend's and I didn't want to break it. He has, however, lent me the tiny camera to take skiing with me this Easter so I can get some POV footage of my main character experiencing a ski trip whilst dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment