Monday 21 October 2013

No Gloss Film Festival

I was a festival volunteer for the first time at No Gloss Film Festival over the weekend (19/20th October) 

The experience was extremely worthwhile. I went a long on the Friday to help assist, arrange seating, to recognise myself with the venue and in general prepare for helping guide the audience for the weekend. Trent, the director of No Gloss, asked what side of things i would like to help out either at the front so welcoming people and collecting tickets/money etc. Or i had the option of helping out with the technical side of things, which i ended up doing. I was shown the set ups for the projections, assisted with the lighting, and it was my job to make sure the sound and the films were playing properly throughout both days.

During both days, there was live art keeping the audience entertained outside the smoking area. 






No comments:

Post a Comment