Wednesday 28 March 2012

Context of Practice: Changing Genres

Looking at the context of practice brief I was required to take a produce an aspect you studies from my essay on individuality style within film making and whether the tradition of director autuer, and practically apply some of the knowledge and understanding that you have gained to a piece of work.

I've decided to produce a couple of posters taken from famous films and changed the genres that they were originally filmed for.

Shutter Island - Martin Scorsese, genres; drama, mystery, thriller.
I gave this romantic, love story with a mystery and twist of a teaser 'something is spreading'. On the poster for Shutter Island there is a line saying 'someone is missing' and i decided to use my individual style with my own new idea of a Scorsese film. I would portray the character of DiCaprio as a romantic, good looking lover boy similar to his role in the Titanic, to play the main character for Butter Island but something on the Island and goes horribly wrong.




Pulp Fiction - Quentin Tarantino, gernre; crime, thriller.
I would also add in comedy as a genre for this film, it made me laugh and at times the story line was really creative, i enjoyed watching it. I changed the name to 'Pulp Non-Fiction'. The story itself was told in the title, it's a fiction so it's not real. My view of this would be a fictional story with the Simpsons on their everyday life doing what they do best, making an audience of all ages, genders and generations coming together laughing. I obviously changed the woman on the from of the poster to Marge Simpson, died her hair dress and shoes. I blurred out the background, and created a comic like style with tears and rips, a 10 Cent sticker and the producers of the film. I darkened the image to portray the same stunned, yet curious look of the real poster. I also added in the props to keep it as real as possible yet completely making it my own individual way.


No comments:

Post a Comment