Thursday 12 December 2013

Lens Test

I went to Mint club in Leeds to take photos using 3 different lenses for my house party test shots. I wanted to experience what the lighting is like from behind the camera. As well as this, i wanted to experiment with composition and framing.

I am aware that my lighting will be different, that i wont be taking pictures with a flash and it will be a lot less people but these tests allowed me to be creative and discover in a party scene what lenses worked well.

The 3 lenses i used and took photos with was:
24-105mm - wide to medium shot
50-200mm - long shot
50mm - wide shot


Ultimately, using all 3 lenses had their pros and their cons. The 200m was more difficult to navigate whilst walking around the club. it is better for long shots. The 50mm had an aperture of 1.4 which allowed me to grasp more light, and the 24-105mm allowed me to be more free and adapt in quick situations easier.

Mint is known for it's lighting on the ceiling, but quite often the flash of the camera reflected against the blue walls that in some cases formed a dirty image, however in other cases i thought the lighting added an eerie atmosphere.


24mm


35mm


40mm


105mm


28mm


24mm


50mm




No comments:

Post a Comment