Tuesday 17 December 2013

Actor and Actress

Reasons for choosing the specific actors and actresses

Originally i'd asked everyone on my Facebook by making a status. For which i had a couple of responds

I had a few private messages and various amounts of interest but for one reason or another thing didn't really come about from it.

I went to visit the Electric Press in Leeds and the Yorkshire play house to put up adverts of my poster, as well as the Wardrobe bar opposite the BBC studios at the bottom of Leeds National express coach station









I didnt receive anything positive from the posters i had put out. I imagine i needed to put them up earlier, printed off more than just 6 and got the word spreading.

I email Northern Film School asking for any available actors, which they got back to me regarding auditions, but i didnt have time to audition as i was running out of time before the Christmas break. 

I spoke with Tom Hammond, my uni course administrator, to see if he could send an email around Leeds College of Art to see if anybody knows anyone or would be interested in acting for my short film. Unfortunately, nobody replied.







I had to delay filming until i got back from Christmas due to the hassle of not finding definite actors or actresses. I managed to get in contact with a drama student who was happy and willing to help out and take part in the female lead, as well as a friend of mine who would play the boy character.

One major issue i had was when i told girls they would have to kiss a boy, some people weren't as willing to get involved.

Right after the new year I got put contact with a drama student named Daisy through a friend of mine, and she sounded interested in acting in a short film seeing as she had never done one before. A friend of mine called Aryeh, who has never acted a day in his life, also volunteered to act .

No comments:

Post a Comment