Wednesday 22 May 2013

Maggie Interview


Maggie Interview

Maggie – I was concerned for my friends, I was young at the time, being a student in leeds when the murders started, one that bought it home to me was when it happened on my door step on alma road in headingly – the final killing, a young student. After math it felt very horrible. Decided to stay in Wales after to get away from anything. It was a feeling of being on edge and not wanting to go out late on your own, made me be aware all the time of being around me.

Maggie – I was walking back from primary school and noticed a man starring at her from outside a shop, looking like up to no good, and it was the ripper. Freaked me out totally that I thought even anyone could be like that

Maggie – I felt shivers down my spine at the time, I didn’t understand but must have been an intuitive thing that I’d seen this person but wasn’t able to explain why he was stood there starring. Didn’t call the police because he hadn’t done anything.

Maggie – Friend ziggie had a sister who was murdered by the ripper. Second or third. Was a prostitute in chapel town, didn’t really talk about it much

Maggie – At the time it was shocking, Everyone was shocked, because we were all young and not really thinking how we would get home at night and would have to walk around in groups and cant be on our own, so made you think about that and it wasn’t just a night thing because when I saw that man it was in the middle of the day. It took many years for him to get caught.



Personally, i wasn't happy with how i recorded this part of the documentary. Maggie was a great speaker with a lot fo relevant information, but the wind destroys part of what she has to say. The constant change of clouds didn't always brighten up a fairly dull background. I feel i panicked to get these interviews done with little thought going into it. Perhaps i just worried a bit too much.

There is clearly two different colours between these two stills with her hair blowing into her face. If i had managed my time a little better and given myself a week extra, i wouldn't have been under this pressure to make basic errors.



No comments:

Post a Comment