Wednesday 22 May 2013

Location filming: New footage

A friend of mine's roof: Hyde Park
Getting myself and the camera on top of my friends roof in Hyde Park required assistance. I had to consider my health and safety up there and make sure i had full control of the camera.
It was a challenge balancing the light so i could bring the sky and clouds to life without losing the detail in the darker parts of the picture.





Driving the streets of Leeds
Using techniques from the Youtube tutorial of 'how to use your car to make better videos', again i was consistently challenged with bringing out light in dark areas and keeping my focus on an manual lens whilst moving. I used a Canon 5D Mark iii throughout the documentary with a standard 24 - 70 mm lens.




Streets of Hyde Park night & day
I went round the streets of Hyde Park on two separate occasions during the night and day time. At times i could have been better off with lens that uses a F/1.4 apature but as i was restricted to F/2.8, I was pleasantly surprised with my results. I had to up the ISO but the picture quality is still good, as i was walking around i was searching for what colours in the dark would catch my eye.
I felt a strong resemblance between the discussion of prostitutes and Sutcliffe, and filming red coloured windows.





I purposely went out to shoot during a gloomy damp day, late afternoon, to enhance any creepy effect. Yorkshire is known for it's rural spaces with lots of woodland which is where Peter committed many of his crimes. I could picture him visiting locations before he pounced on his prey at times where not many people were about to suspect him.




The Locations i've used below are some of where the victims were left in West Yorkshire, Leeds. Each shot was carefully thought with precision, and taken in mind of the rippers perspective.


Roundhay Park



Alma Road, Headingley



Prince Philip playing grounds



Reginald Street, Chapel Town



Graveyard


Farsley


Manor Street, Sheepscar




No comments:

Post a Comment