Monday 17 October 2011

PPP Who Am I

This was our first lecture on personal and professional practise with Brigitte Marsh. Honestly not as bad as i expected. We work on PPP during sixth form so for me it wasn't such a struggle to understand the concept of PPP... But this time it feels that putting my personal and practises into a profession doesn't seem a million years away. And I will actually be involved in the working in this profession in not too long.
I'd say this is obviously where my 11 months of working during my gap year kicks in, who am i and what people perceive of me.

Understanding the different kind of people ill be working with over the next few years, and recognising that some attributes that i think people have could be off, but infact could be as strong as mine.
We looked at Carl Jung, a Swiss psychiatrist who was regarded as an influential thinker, looked deep into personalities and came up with the concept of 'the archetype'; the self, the shadow, both male and female personalities, the persona (the mask we wear- what we want people to perceive from us), the tricksta, the hero, the father, mother and more.

Isabel Briggs Myers and her mother Katherine Cook Briggs developed the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator instrument (MBTI) Personality Type Test. The test consisted of us being asked questions and us having to claim which letter best suited the answer we were given which referred to our own lives. There are 16 different MBTI Types, mine happens to be ESTP.

ESTP: result - the mechanics, ready to try anything once!
Flexible and tolerant, they take pragmatic approach focused immediate results. Theories and conceptual explanations bore them - they want to act energetically to solve the problem. Focus on the here and now, spontaneous, enjoy each moment that they can be active with others. Enjoy material comforts and style. Learn best through doing.

I was quite surprised by this result, i really had no what result to expect but i feel its a fair judgement. I always focus on the hear and now, weather that allows me to consider the consequences or not it has it's downfalls, but then i like to think everything we do in life has it's consequences (good or bad). I agree to a strong extent i learn best through doing, and it's rare for me to not lose concentration through theories and conceptual explanations!

'Your work - Life balance'
I was asked to mark a table out of 100 for each one of these;

Health & well being: 65 - could be better, fitness levels are terrible, have sore/weak knees, would like more tone, but could be a lot worse.

Achievements: 60 - getting into uni was major for me, but other than that i don't feel i've achieved much.

Contentment:

Work - Career: 80 - Over the last few years i've managed to earn some sort of money, had many different experiences, and i'm settled for the next few years and heading into the right direction.

Friendship: 90 - have many friends, now spread out all over the country, cant trust everyone but found the people i can trust.

Security: 90 - don't exactly live with body guards and alarms, but very rarely worried about my security.\

Energy: 70 - depending on sleep/stress levels/ how i feel about myself.

Self-esteem: 75 - i've got enough belief and self esteem and people in my life to help me get through problems, but varies when i'm not striving in life.

Fun & recreation: 80 - i like to have fun, but its hard when the lack of money and the worried look on the mothers face plays on your mind 24/7.

Home- Family: 95 - never been what i would regard as a 'close family' but again it varies - i no whatever i can count on my parents, brother and sister.

Relationships: ?? - wasn't sure where i stood on relationships. Always wanting what i can't get, but it's'  never enough.

Finance: ?? - It's low, very low.

No comments:

Post a Comment