Monday 31 October 2011

Hanna-Barbera Inspiration

Hanna-Barbera has been, i'd say the major influence in my life to date. From the day i can remember i based my life around Cartoon Networks schedule. Shows like Wacky Races, Top Cat, Tom and Jerry, The Smurfs, Scoobie-Doo, Charlotte's Webb, The Flintstones, and so many more.. It was what I lived for!
I'd be up before school watching whichever cartoon was on at the time, leave for school, come back and watch it until i had to go to bed. It still brings out the child in me.

As a student studying their creations, I can really appreciate and admire the quality and high standards of work William Hanna and Joseph Barbera bought to our televisions. Even with todays softwares and realistic looking characters, i still find the simple drawings and tones much more enjoyable to watch and recreate.


I feel i can take Hanna and Barbera's work and incorporate it's style two-tonned drawings and base my character on the type of character they may have come up with if I'd given them the task of drawing up my character sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment