Thursday 28 February 2013

Project Management

interior - was going to model everything in maya - changed idea to using psd images and importing them to After Effects instead. Originally i went to an operating theatre when it wasn't in use, to take reference images of the equipment used and the set up of a theatre. It occurred with the limited time we had that it would be extremely challenging to make loads of detailed assets for a module that didn't concentrate much on our Maya skills. I could therefore spend more time on learning and experimenting with After Effects as this is the first time i've used it. My original images i took was on my iphone and not good enough quality, it was then afterwards i'd decided to go back and take better quality photos where i need to consider the angles of the room and equipment. I needed to take consideration of my own camera angles i used of Jeff for my final shoot so i could place everything correctly for my interior of the spaceship.

With the new images that I captured on my canon 450d, I placed them into photoshop, cut out the layers, and then imported them into after effects. Making the assets 3D layers and creating effects

The two images below i used as a trial to see how this effect would work. The camera pans across the room, the assets nearer to the camera will seem like their moving more than the object further away from the camera producing a parallax effect. This then adds life to the 2d objects making them look 3d creating an uncanny effect where it could look slightly realistic but the viewer knows it isn't.





No comments:

Post a Comment