Tuesday 30 October 2012

SWOT Analysis

SWOT Analysis is a useful technique for understanding your Strengths and Weaknesses, and for identifying both the Opportunities open to you and the Threats you face. Used in both business and personal context it will help me find which areas i should be most concerned of myself that will drag me down, and which areas that will carry me forward in life in general.




The outcome was somewhat, not surprising for myself. I've always been told my organisation skills were pretty poor and my time management is clearly not great if I'm cramming most my work in the last few weeks before a deadline. Being intimidated by projects and feeling overwhelmed isn't a new feeling for me either, however it is an emotion i've only recently began to accept and understand why i've always had mental blocks in front of me when it comes down to starting a project. This effects my time management and organisation.

I'd forgotten to mention my processing problem in my threats and weaknesses. I struggle to take in instructions and follow guidelines, even after being told i feel i needed to be reminded on instructions. This was something i was made aware of towards the start of secondary school but have only recently understood some ways it has effected me. For example I have songs that has well over 100 and 200 plays on Itunes and still don't know any of the words. I am booked in for a dyslexia test this November so I hope to find out a lot more about myself, and i'm starting to ask more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment