Wednesday 13 March 2013

Spaceship interior: Operating theatre


I took the wall, floor and ceiling textures off the internet and the rest of the images were my own taken at Leeds General Infirmary. I took loads of reference images of the equipment i used to cut out and use as props for my background. Above, (1) i used number one the green mosaic pattern for my floor, (2) was a cream wall and number 4 was my own version of a matte painting to possible use as the floor or background but the green mosaics worked better.











Putting the scene together in after effects using the psd cut out images. I named each layer to it's appropriate asset, and placed them in order of which would be closest to the camera. Each layer is 3d so i was able to pull assets nearer and push further away depending on the perspective of the room.

I wanted the room to be have enough light so all objects were visible. I was able to bring an ambient light in and reducing the intensity to about 40% this allowed the two brighter spot lights to shine and focus more on the objects they were placed infront/behind of. Operating theatres have lights all over the room so surgeons can see everything clearly, not to the full extent of slit screens in Kurbacks 2001 Space Odyssey but i wanted Jeff to get a sense of this unfamiliarity with the red point light. To enhance the realisation of being in a dream i added an extra white point light at 40% intensity.





No comments:

Post a Comment