Saturday 2 March 2013

Green screen compositing & chroma keying

I felt i picked up keying out the green screen fairly quickly. Add a keylight effect to the layer you want removing (the green screen) and adjust the levels of the screen matte to create a high contrast. If I couldnt remove some of the background I would make a mask around my subject,  this enables a key hole effect, essentially meaning it would remove all traces of background from outside the mask.



To remove any traces of the green screen reflection, I adjusted the screen balance and gain. Aswel as this there were traces of shadow or green on the edge of the subject. This was easily removable by increasing the screen blur and playing with the screen shrink/grow levels. The images below show i have removed some green reflections in the leg and arm.



I would put white solid backgrounds behind my subject after she was keyed out to see if any excess background was still lying about and to also asses if the edges needed feathering down or blurred. 

I wanted to add to the atmosphere to have the audience feel a little uncomfortable by adding a more unsettling mood with darker skys and maybe a bit of flashing light and soft rumbling sounds for thunder. Get the tension rising keeping the viewer at the edge of their seat. I masked out the original sky and created a motion path with a new sky and clouds n a layer behind the buidling moving slowly. I added in reflections to the building windows by duplicating the sky layer, flipping it over and masked out each window in a new layer. Once turning the opacity down on the window reflected clouds it trick your eye into thinking it's the the sky is actually reflecting the new background.






No comments:

Post a Comment