Friday 10 February 2012

Teddy Newton

Teddy's directional debut animation came with Pixar's short film 'Day and Night'


I think it's really clever how they include 2d and 3d animations and combine it together. The two characters were hand drawn and the animations inside the silhouettes were rendered in 3d.

Teddy was inspired by a lecture he attended back in 1970 where Dr. Wayne Dyer said;


"Fear of the unknown. They are afraid of new ideas. They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based on … if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar. You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe are the most mysterious."


I can understand why he was inspired by that quote. It's always difficult once being inspired, to go ahead and actually create a piece because there are so many boundaries to get past.

No comments:

Post a Comment