Tuesday 21 February 2012

Good Will Hunting

I was watching Good Will Hunting recently for the first time, i had no idea what it was about but had heard it was a must see. From the moment Matt Damon answered the challenging maths question, I knew it was obvious it was something to do with him being a genius. It was obvious, the directer had to show what the film was going to be about at some stage and at that point it became clear.

Reflecting on my first directed film, Isolated, I had thought about my story not being so obvious. I asked many people for feedback on what they thought it was about, how i perceived the filming itself and what the message was and it was all roughly similar. The camera holding memories or the friend being haunted or scared. Watching Good Will Hunting made me think however obvious a story is its better to know whats going on than to not realise at all and take the wrong message from the film.

I can take this learning curb and in future work i will attempt to make my story more clear for the audience to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment